Panerai

Σε αυτή την θεματική ενότητα θα γίνετε αναφορά σε όλες τις εταιρείες οι οποίες προέρχονται από την Ελβετία
stavros_ch

Re: Panerai

Δημοσίευση από stavros_ch »

antonis_ch έγραψε:Μεγαλος ποθος το Arktos!! :robo:
:rose Μονο;
stavros_ch

Δημοσίευση από stavros_ch »

eisenberg έγραψε:
antonis_ch έγραψε:Μεγαλος ποθος το Arktos!! :robo:
Ωραιο ειναι,αλλα θα προτιμουσα καταδυτικη στεφανη αντι για προσανατολισμου...αλλα μετα θα ηταν submersible :dlaught:
:BB: :BB:
marios_ch

Δημοσίευση από marios_ch »

SIHH 2012: Panerai PAM 399 and Pam 422.

I must say that Panerai surprised me, this year.

Well, the Cali and the 2533 SLC are not for me, as I am not a big fan of the " Maiale " on the dial, while I would be ok to see it engraved on a solid case back, and the " black things " are too trendy for my taste.

So, this year, there are two watches I watched, more than others, the Pam 399, curiously called " Radiomir 1940 ", and the Pam 422, a kind of Pam 372 with a small second, and a power reserve indicator on the back, plus a sapphire instead of a plexy.

Which surprised me is the Pam 399.

When I looked at it, I was wondering if it was historically correct, or if it was only a nice watch, with some liberty and distance taken from the origins.

It is not a small Egiziano, it is not a 6152... Was this a prototype???

POY will certainly tell us more on this matter, but I have some doubts this watch ever existed.

Anyway, when you look at it, you are impressed by this watch, by its elegant case, the big crown, without crown protectors, and the interesting Minerva movement ( Cal 16-17 ), nice looking, but not especially well finished, and impressed, also, by its price ( 19 000 Euros... Damn, these Pannies start to be expensive! )

Another nice detail is the sectored hour hand, and the plexy, which I am always happy to see on such a watch.

The limit: A water resistance to ... 30 meters ( from the beach ), which is a pity as you won't be able to wear it during your summer water activities, but you're used to that, as the Cali ( Pam 249 ) has the same problem.

Εικόνα

Εικόνα

Limited to 100 pieces, I bet a Pam 372 with you all that Panerai will adapt the number on the demand, and that we may have much more.

My pronostic? Somewhere between 150 and 200 watches.

The Pam 422 is another story... We all know what are the roots of this watch, which are shared with the Pam 127, the 6152-1.

The writings, inaugurated on the 372, are here, as well as the faux patina, which I personally prefer to the greenish indexes seen on the Pam 127.

A huge sapphire has been chosen, instead of the plexy of the Pam 372. Less warm, or sexy, for sure, but not bad looking.

The 422 is water resistant to 100 meters, which is enough for your summer baths.

Εικόνα

You will find the P 3001, which is correct, aesthetically speaking, as it is close to the Angelus, which was used on the original watch.

A nice looking movement, produced by Val Fleurier for Panerai, exclusively, offering a 3 Days power reserve and an indicator smartly located on the case back, to not ruin the natural balance of the dial.

Εικόνα

Personally, I prefer the 372, for its purity, and because I always preferred " Bases " over the Luminor Marina Dials.

But I guess that those who already own the 372 will think about getting this one, too, to make the pair.

Well, I will have to wait one more year, to see a Small Egiziano ( maybe ) or, to help me to wait, maybe I will have to hunt a 372?

Best,

Nicolas

http://panerai.watchprosite.com/show-fo ... 83073/s-0/
Άβαταρ μέλους
antonis_ch

Δημοσίευση από antonis_ch »

Καταπληκτικα ρολογια και τα δυο! :rose
Ευχαριστουμε Μαριε!!
marios_ch

Hands-On With The Panerai Radiomir 1940: A PAM With A (Slightly) Different Case Design + A Minerva Movement

Εικόνα

The Panerai you see above might look a lot like every other Panerai, that is unless you're a Paneristi. You see, the PAM 399 (and 398 - which is the same watch, but in gold) is actually a new case and crown design for PAM, and a watch that collectors are already going nuts for. Just how is it any different? Let's explain:

The Radiomir is the Panerai that we're told was built in the 1930s, and it features lugs that are actual wires welded to the case. You all know the type. Then, in the 1950s, Panerai was known for its Luminor case - the one with the beefy crown guard that looks like this. What the PAM 399 is, or rather the Radiomir 1940 is, is a watch built in tribute to the Radiomirs not of the 1930s nor the Luminors of the 1950s, but of the oft forgotten Radiomirs of the 1940s which featured lugs attached directly the steel case - in fact they were carved out of a single block of metal. Other distinguising traits include the oversized, but historically accurate 47mm dimater, Plexiglas crystal, the round, cambered bezel, the cylindrical crown and the screw back. If you still don't understand the difference between the standad Radiomirs, the new Radiomir 1940, and the Luminor, this should clear things up:

Εικόνα

Εικόνα

Also, the PAM 399 doesn't use an in-house PAM movement, but it doesn't use a Unitas either. In fact, the PAM 398 and 399 use a movement from Minerva, which as you may know, now belongs to the Mont Blanc family (Panerai laid claim to this small batch of Minerva movements years back). Here's a look:

Εικόνα

Both the PAM 398 (Radiomir 1940 Oro Rosso) and PAM 399 (Radiomir 1940) will be limited to 100 pieces each worldwide. But, out of those 100, 50 of each watch will come in a box set with the two watches together, to be sold exclusively at Panerai boutiques. If you're interested in either, it'd probably be wise to contact your Panerai boutique ASAP, because we al know how these Panerai peeps love their limited editions.

Εικόνα

http://www.hodinkee.com/blog/2012/4/3/h ... ightl.html
Άβαταρ μέλους
antonis_ch

Μιλαμε για απιστευτο ρολοι!! :cheer:
Άβαταρ μέλους
konakis
Has thanked: 0

Δημοσίευση από konakis »

πω πω μας φτιάχνεται :nurse:
Konakis.
Άβαταρ μέλους
Megalos
Διαχειριστής

Δημοσίευση από Megalos »

Μαριε απιθανο το τελευταιο μοντελο αυτο ...
συνδυασμος Panerai Minerva ειναι κολαση ... ωραιοτατο :BB:
Το watchfunclub στα μέσα κοινωνικής δικτύωσης!
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/118633621493682/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/watchfunclub/
marios_ch

SIHH 2012: Panerai PAM448 & PAM449

Εικόνα

Εικόνα

They are Boutique-only watches, meaning you can only purchase these 2 watches through one of the Panerai Boutiques and not through an authorized dealer. This is the 1st year that Panerai has done this - all special editions this year are boutique-only. I'm not sure how the authorized dealers feel about this, but I'm pretty sure they aren't that happy with Panerai's decision to make special editions boutique-only. Either way, I guess it's Panerai's way of having a tighter control on who gets to purchase their "hot" special edition pieces, so hopefully we'll see less of these beauties going into the hand of flippers and grey market dealers, of which is always a good thing IMO.

The retail prices set for both PAM448 and PAM449 is $9,100, and both models have blue hands. Originally at SIHH 2012, there were going to be only 500 pieces made for each but Panerai has bumped up production to 750 pieces each. Both watches will also have word engravings on the rehaut ring (the inner bezel wall of the watch - these prototypes do not have the engravings). I forgot the exact word engravings (something like "California" for the PAM448 and "SLC" for the PAM449) but they will be relevant to the models and located centered above 12 o'clock on the rehaut ring. I don't know if these engravings are a good idea because I feel they detract from the clean dials and even more so when strapped to your wrist since you'll always see the engraving since they will be in plain sight. If the engravings were at 6 o'clock, that would work better design-wise since then they won't be in plain sight while the watch is on your wrist. I guess we'll have to wait for the final production watches to come out to determine if the engravings will work well with the overall design. You know how I feel about these engravings, so hopefully I'm proven wrong when these watches make their way to retail channels.

In terms of the movement, both watches house the in-house manual wind Panerai P.3000 calibre, of which you can see through the sapphire backs. In the below videos, you'll see that this P.3000 movement is mostly covered up with the 2 large plates. Hopefully we'll be able to see a more skeletonized version of the P.3000 in the future ...pretty please Panerai!

And for a quick cheat sheet for the P.300X movements:

P.3000 - no power reserve
P.3001 - power reserve on back
P.3002 - power reserve on front

Both PAM448 & PAM449 have plexi glass crystals, not sapphire glass. I personally don't like plexi glass and prefer sapphire due to the hardness of sapphire, so if you decide to get one of these, you should be a little more cognizant of where you're arm is dangling whenever you walk near a wall or near your spouse's diamond ring!! I've had a watch with plexi glass and it's not a pretty sight when you get it scratched.

For the strap addicts here, the name of this brown thick calf strap is called the "Ranger strap" which matches well with the ecru vintage looking super luminova. It's the same strap that is on last year's PAM372 model. Thick, supple, and very comfortable to wear on the wrist, the Ranger strap is currently only available in 26mm x 26mm for 47mm Luminors, but it will be available in the near future at 27mm x 22mm for 47mm Radiomirs.

I didn't bother to take photos of the watches since there are already plenty of photos on the web already (and thanks to SJX for these 2 photos I used above), so I hope the above videos give you a better idea of the curves and how the PAM448 and PAM449 look in real-life instead of photoshopped pictures with no shadows or reflections.

The PAM424 & PAM425 are the regular production versions of the PAM448 & PAM449, but those are priced at $8,700 and have gold hands instead of blue hands. I'll talk more about them in a later post, but I want to point it out that the limited edition versions are only $400 more.

For those who love vintage Panerai's from the 1930's and can't afford one or find one at a good price, the PAM448 and PAM449 could be your answer as I feel they are good reissues using today's movements. You have 2 choices of dials to choose from. I prefer the S.L.C over the California as I find the SLC more interesting but to each his own I guess. They're priced at $9,100 each, so it's not too bad given Panerai's pricing for stainless steel special edition models using their P.3000 movements. Will these 2 watches satiate Panerai collectors? I think they may but many already have the California PAM249, so I don't know how many would want to purchase another Panerai with a Cali dial. And so, I think the PAM449 will be a more popular model than the PAM448.

http://panerai.watchprosite.com/show-fo ... 84583/s-0/
Άβαταρ μέλους
antonis_ch

Ευχαριστουμε Μαριε!
Απάντηση