Cartier

Σε αυτή την θεματική ενότητα θα γίνετε αναφορά σε όλες τις εταιρείες οι οποίες προέρχονται από την Ελβετία
marios_ch

Re: Cartier

Δημοσίευση από marios_ch »

A trio of accessible steel chronographs from Cartier

One of Cartier's most iconic wristwatches is the Tortue monopusher chronograph. Created in the 1920s and then revived as part of the Collection Privee Cartier Paris, it is one of the most recognisable wristwatch chronographs of any brand.

But the Tortue monopusher, vintage or modern, is pricey. And so is the Fine Watchmaking Rotonde chronograph with its clever co-axial display. Someone recently asked me about more affordable Cartier chronographs, so I thought this would make a good post. Cartier does indeed offer some interesting chronographs at more affordable prices, ranging from the sporty to the more formal.

The most entry level mechanical chronograph is the recently launched Roadster S. Inside is a Valjoux 7753 calibre. The movement is very pedestrian but the case is well executed. The hefty bracelet with brushed surfaces with bevelled edges is especially well done.

Unlike early versions of the Roadster this chronograph no longer has the bubble over the date window, an improvement in my opinion. However, this still has the turban-like crown of the original Roadster.

This is a chunky watch, with a case measuring 50.2 mm by 49.2 mm. The Roadster has never been a favourite design of mine, though it does have its fans. For those seeking something sporty this is an interesting option. A rubber bracelet version is also available.

Moving upwards we have the Ballon Bleu chronograph. Though the Ballon Bleu is a modern design, the dial is classic Cartier in style – silvered with guilloche and blued steel sword hands. But the asymmetry of the dial adds an off-beat touch to the classic styling. This is available on strap or bracelet, with a silver or black dial.

Inside the Ballon Bleu chronograph is the 8101 MC movement. It is decorated, not lavishly, but well enough for a watch of this price point.

This is made by JLC exclusively for Cartier, has is certainly a notch above the Valjoux of the Roadster S. It has a column wheel and vertical clutch, as is now standard for mid to high end chronograph calibres today.

Using a similar calibre to the Ballon Bleu chronograph is the Pasha 42 mm chronograph which has the 8000 MC movement. This is my favourite of the trio.

The movement specs of the Pasha 42 mm are largely the same as the 8101 MC of the Ballon Bleu, with the obvious difference being the Pasha has three counters for the chronograph.

Though the 8000 MC and 8101 MC are both based on the JLC cal. 750, they are not identical. A key difference in the Cartier movement is the design of the reset hammer for the chronograph. According to Cartier, the 8000 MC has “a flexible linear hammer that enables [it] to have a perfect reset over time; the flexibility of the hammer prevents the components [wearing out] after [numerous] resets of the chronograph.”

The Pasha 42 mm has a grained silver dial with blued steel hands. It has a very clean look but with well thought out details like oval sub-dials and the manner in which the date window is integrated into the square minute track.

Interestingly the hands are a shade darker than the hands of the Ballon Bleu, purely for aesthetics.

And it has the trademark canteen cap over the crown, originally for water-resistance, but now just a design element.

The Pasha 42 mm chronograph is my pick of these entry-level chronographs. It is classic Cartier style and well made. I only wish more dial colours were available.

http://cartier.watchprosite.com/show-fo ... 81428/s-0/
camen

Δημοσίευση από camen »

marios_ch έγραψε:

$0$$$ $0$$$ $0$$$ $0$$$
Άβαταρ μέλους
antonis_ch

Δημοσίευση από antonis_ch »

Καποια κομματια ειναι πραγματικα κοσμηματα..αν και θα πηγαιναν περισσοτερο σε γυναικειους καρπους νομιζω!
Άβαταρ μέλους
Megalos
Διαχειριστής

Δημοσίευση από Megalos »

εμενα μου αρεσε περισσοτερο αυτο .. :good:
Το watchfunclub στα μέσα κοινωνικής δικτύωσης!
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/118633621493682/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/watchfunclub/
marios_ch

Cartier Santos 100 Ref. W2020009 Watch Review

Εικόνα

In some circles, the French brand Cartier is seen more as a fine jewelry producer than as a watchmaker. However, the brand has a long history as a creator of fine timepieces coupled with a unique style which makes it hard to ignore...

The original Cartier Santos was reportedly designed and created by Louis Cartier himself in 1904 for his friend and pioneer, Brazilian aviator Alberto Santos-Dumont. The Santos has been a major piece in the Cartier collection for a long time and in 2004 Cartier released their Santos 100 line which included larger Santos models.

Εικόνα

The Santos line has many variations, however, they are all styled like the original. This includes a square case that is slightly curved on both sides which makes it fit effortlessly on the wrist. The dial has the signature Cartier Roman numerals, including the incorrect IIII at four o'clock - this allows the markers on the right to better symmetrically match the ones on the left.

Εικόνα

The Santos 100 reference W2020009 (size large) case is in rose-gold and amorphous diamond-like carbon (aDLC) and offers the classic design with rose-gold recessed markers on a black dial. The rose-gold sword-shaped hours and minutes hands join a hair-thin, rose-gold seconds hand for an elegant look. The hours and minutes hands include a small layer of SuperLumiNova coating which makes the watch somewhat readable at night once light charged.

The simple yet stylish square dial design is matched with a protected heptagonal crown in rose-gold with a faceted black sapphire gem cabochon. Turning the crown clockwise winds the watch and when pulled allows the hours and minutes hands to change with a hacking seconds feature, thereby allowing the time to be precisely set. These are all basic features of the base Swiss ETA movement.

Εικόνα

One of my favorite parts of this watch is the strap. The Cartier "toile de voile" strap is made of a thick black nylon with a leather doubling interior. While the complete watch stands at just under 140 grams, Cartier's choice of a nylon strap results in a very comfortable and easy to wear timepiece.

The strap can easily be adjusted by pulling the extra nylon strap and folding it on the inside of the formed bracelet. After adjusting it a couple of times, I wore it once for a long US east-to-west coast trip, hardly remembering it was on my wrist the whole day.

Εικόνα

Cartier includes a deployment clasp that when closed, has a nicely added piece of rose-gold in the middle of the buckle. Like the bezel, the deployment clasp rose-gold buckle is adorned with black aDLC steel screws, which contrast superbly with the pinkish gold and the black aDLC monture.

The rest of the 51mm tall by 43 mm wide case of the watch is aDLC coated steel that is brushed with slight satin polished rounded corners, giving it a manly yet slightly shiny look and feel. The aDLC coating is supposed to be an improvement on DLC with features such as being highly scratch-resistant and being less prone to fingerprint marks. Just like most Cartier watches, the Santos' caseback is solid and includes the Cartier name in that classic font as well as the model name.

Εικόνα

Overall, the Santos 100 makes for a stylish daily watch that can easily be worn at the club or in a business meeting. My only quibble with the Santos 100 is its relatively high-price, $10,400 for the large version (shown here) and $9,250 for the smaller (W2020007). This is especially true when you consider that Cartier uses their caliber 49 movement for this watch, which is a modified ETA 2892.

Naturally, ETA movements are reputable and reliable, however, it would be nicer to see the Santos 100 with Cartier's own in-house movement as it started doing for the Cartier Rotonde and Calibre lines. Such a change would give me the happy comfort of knowing that the same attention to details and superior fit and finish that makes me love this watch on the outside is also on the inside, even when I cannot see it…

Εικόνα

There is also an extra-large version (W2020004 and W20124U2 and others) of the Santos 100 that runs in the $14,000 and even more depending on complications (chronograph or not) and also whether the case is rose-gold with aDLC bezel versus the aDLC case with rose-gold bezel as in this one or completely in gold.

If you want a watch that has timeless style with fine craftmanship, is easy to wear, and has a long history, then the Cartier Santos 100 is an easy choice.

http://www.ablogtoread.com/cartier-sant ... ch-review/
marios_ch

Cartier Rotonde Minute Repeater Flying Tourbillon Experience

The working sample landed here and I had an opportunity to handle and listen. In short, this is a great watch. I like it - despite the size says 45mm, it doesn't wear that big. Sure, a bit thick, but I could live with it. One thing I am a bit uncomfortable was the stiffness of the minute repeater "pusher" instead of usual "lever". You need to push it with all you got in order to give it the energy which is normally given by the pushing up or pulling down the lever which is much easier for your finger....

Very well-balanced, handsome face.
Εικόνα

Εικόνα

Εικόνα

Εικόνα

Εικόνα

http://cartier.watchprosite.com/show-fo ... 86478/s-0/
marios_ch

Cartier Tank Anglaise Watch Hands-On

Εικόνα

Εικόνα

Εικόνα

http://www.ablogtoread.com/cartier-tank ... -hands-on/
Άβαταρ μέλους
Megalos
Διαχειριστής

Δημοσίευση από Megalos »

Μαριε πολυ ομορφο το τελευταιο μοντελο που μας παρεθεσες ...
αλλα και το προηγουμενο ειναι φανταστικο .. minute repeater και tourbillon .. τρομερο :good:
Άβαταρ μέλους
DragonAce

Δημοσίευση από DragonAce »

έχουν αρχίσει κ δε μαρέσουν
καλιά στα όρη μοναχός στο δάσος με τσι πρίνους, παρά σε κήπο με πολλούς ψεύτικους άσπρους κρίνους
Άβαταρ μέλους
Megalos
Διαχειριστής

Δημοσίευση από Megalos »

γιατι Σπυρο μου... τι σου εχει αλλαξει την γνωμη :sad:
Απάντηση