Ιστορια του παθους μου

Στην ενότητα αυτή τα μέλη μπορούν να επισυνάπτουν κείμενα σχετικά με ρολόγια τους ή γενικά κείμενα που έχουν να κάνουν με τον μαγικό κόσμο της ωρολογοποιίας
Άβαταρ μέλους
snapper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Ιστορια του παθους μου

Δημοσίευση από snapper »

Το ιδιο ισχυει και για μενα.. :(
Δυστυχως δεν εχω ιδεα τι'' γινεται'' σε αυτο το θεμα... :?

Ετσι το λιγοτερο που θα μπορουσα να πω ειναι ενα μεγαλο μπραβο...γιατι ειμαι σιγουρος οτι ειναι πολυ σημαντικα ολα αυτα.. :good:
Michael Vardanis
Been thanked: 0

Δημοσίευση από Michael Vardanis »

Χίλια συγνώμη.
Έχεις απόλυτο δίκαιο φίλε. Όμως τα Ελληνικά μου είναι χάλια, ιδιαίτερα στούς όρους ωρολογοποίας.
Θά προσπαθήσω να τα γράψω και στις δύο γλώσσες και όπου με βγάλει.
Μ Βαρδάνης
Michael Vardanis

DragonAce έγραψε:αγαπητέ γράφε σε ελληνικά όσο μπορείς διότι μεγάλοι άνθρωποι είμαστε κ δεν έχουμε κουράγιο - χρόνο να διαβάζουμε αγγλικά κ είναι κρίμα να περνάνε στο ντούκου τόσο ενδιαφέροντα θέματα

Χίλια συγνώμη.
Έχεις απόλυτο δίκαιο φίλε. Όμως τα Ελληνικά μου είναι χάλια, ιδιαίτερα στούς όρους ωρολογοποίας.
Θά προσπαθήσω να τα γράψω και στις δύο γλώσσες και όπου με βγάλει.
Μ Βαρδάνης
aris911
Επικοινωνία:

Δημοσίευση από aris911 »

Επειδη απο οτι βλεπω υπαρχουν αρκετοι (και μαζι με αυτους και εγω) ας κανη καποιος την μεταφραση και ετσι δεν θα φορτωσουμε τον κ.Βαρδανη.
Το καλυτερο θα ηταν να γινη οχι απο τους μεταφραστες του ιντερνετ γιατι η αποδοση τους ειναι απαραδεκτη.
Michael Vardanis

English version

Soon I was taking bits off. It is difficult to remember the order they came off but they all did.
Just as I was about to remove the main spring from the barrel father walked in earlier then usual. When he
realised what was happening he went blue in the face. I could tell he was boiling inside probably
fighting the urge to give me a good hiding. “What are you doing there, you bad boy. Haven’t I told you neverto touch my, or your mother’s, things without permission?”

Worried stiff I was going to get it, all I could say was “Don’t worry dad. I will put it back together, you’ll see”.
I had never seen him laugh so hard before. He burst out into frenzy, kept hitting his feet on the ground and
clapping his hands. When he calmed down a bit he disappeared for a minute or two to come back holding an empty packet of cigarettes with the paper and foil removed. He handed it to me saying as he did so. “Now be a good boy and put everything in there. I’ll take it to a watchmaker in the morning”.

My response was immediate. No point pushing my luck. All the parts were smartly placed in the empty packet of cigarettes and handed to him. “There’s a good boy.” he said, squeezing my cheek in approval as he always did when I pleased him.

No. That was not the end of it. Three days later he arrived as usual late in the evening but with a strange smile on his face.
My mother used to call it “his legal expression”. After hanging his overcoat neatly and putting away his papers he sat down in front of the stove, whilst his dinner was being prepared, to smoke a cigarette and read his “Estia”, a 4page daily newspaper. It was his hors d’oeuvre.

Alex and I had been fed earlier. We were both sitting on a long couch in the living room, close to the stove, reading our respective books, Alex his 3dimentional picture book and I my school exercises.

After his dinner father came over to sit between us putting his arms around us both using his regular joke every time he did this. “How are my pepper and salt?” He imagined himself as the glass handle in the middle of a salt and pepper condiment salver. To his friends who heard him say this he would explain that we were the salt and pepper in his life. We never found out who was what but after the watch incident I may well have been the “pepper”.

“Come on you two. Its time for bed” mother insisted. Alex being the younger took off first and I was about to follow.

That was the moment father chose to announce the “good” news. “You know Michael. Mr. Theodore gave me a good idea”.

I knew Mr. Theodore as one of his clients, a family friend and a good watchmaker near father’s office in Praxitelous Street the Athens equivalent of Clerkenwell Road in London.
“As it was you who took this watch apart it should be you that puts it together again. That’s what you wanted isn’t it? He even offered to help you do it, during your school break”.

Μετάφραση

Και έτσι άρχισα να το διαλύω. Δεν θυμάμαι ακριβώς με πια σειρά αλλα κατέληξε εις τα εξών συνετέθει.
Τη στιγμή που έβγαζα το ελλατήριο απο το μπαρεγιέ νάσου ο πατέρας μου. Όταν συνηδητοποίησε τι έκανα
πρασίνησε απο θυμό. Κατάλαβα ότι ήθελε να μου τις βρέξει. "Τι κάνεις παλιόπαιδο. Δεν σου έχω πει να μην αγγίζεις τα πράγματα του μπαμπά σου η της μητέρας σου χωρίς άδεια;" Τρομαγμένος ότι θα τις έτρωγα αγρια το μόνο που μπόρεσα να πώ ηταν. "Μή φοβάσαι μπαμπά θα το ξαναβιδώσω".

Δεν τον είχα δει ποτέ να γελάει τόσο σπαρταριστά. Ξέσπασε σε αλλοφροσύνη κτυπούσε τα πόδια του στο πάτωμα και βάραγε παλαμάκια. ¨Όταν ηρέμησε έφυγε για λίγο και επέστρεψε με ένα άδειο τσιγαρόκουτο χωρίς χαρτί η αλουμίνιο. Μου το έβαλα στα χέρια λέγοντας.
¨Éλα σαν καλό παιδί βάλτα όλα μέσα εδώ και θα τα πάω σε έναν ρολογά αύριο το πρωϊ."

Η αντιδραση μου ήταν άμεση. Ολα τα εξαρτήματα τοποθετήθηκαν στο τσιγαρόκουτο και του τό εδωσα.
Όχι δεν ηταν το τέλος της ιστορίας. Τρείς μέρες αργότερα έφτασε απο το γραφείο καθυστερημένος και μου ανακοίνωσε ότι το ρολοϊ το πηγε στον Κο Θόδωρο. Τον κύριο Θόδωρο τον ήξερα σαν πελάτη του και οικογενιακό μας φίλο.
"Μου είπε ότι θέλει να το συναρμολογήσεις εσύ, μια και εσύ το διέλυσες". Αυτό δεν ήθελες;"
vaguras

Δημοσίευση από vaguras »

Λέω να βοηθήσω όταν θα έχω λίγο χρόνο στη μετάφραση αλλά από πού να αρχίσω φίλε Μιχάλη; Μας έχεις τρελάνει στο γράψιμο!!!! :ha:
Όχι τίποτα άλλο αλλά έχουμε άλλους εθελοντές; μιας και τον τελευταίο καιρό είπα να σοβαρευτώ και να βελτιώσω τα Γερμανικά μου ολίγον τι....
Για πείτε γνώμες να ξεκινήσω από την πρώτη σελίδα σιγά σιγά;;;
Άβαταρ μέλους
Megalos
Διαχειριστής

Δημοσίευση από Megalos »

Μιχαλη πολυ ενδιαφεροντα και σημαντικα αυτα που μας περιεγραψες
αυτην την ιστορια δεν μου ειχες πει ουτε εμενα ... για συνεχισε :book:
Το watchfunclub στα μέσα κοινωνικής δικτύωσης!
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/118633621493682/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/watchfunclub/
Άβαταρ μέλους
Megalos
Διαχειριστής

Δημοσίευση από Megalos »

Βαγγελη μετα χαρας να βοηθησεις
και εγω θα βοηθησω και οποιος αλλος μπορει διοτι αξιζουν τα κειμενα του Μιχαλη
:good:
Το watchfunclub στα μέσα κοινωνικής δικτύωσης!
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/118633621493682/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/watchfunclub/
Michael Vardanis

Παιδια σας ευχαριστώ ολόθερμα όλους για την προθυμία σας να μεταφράσετε τα Αγγλικά κείμενα.
Όμως αυτά που θα με δυσκολέψουν πολύ ειναι όταν θα φτάσουμε στην Ιστορία του ρολογιού της τσέπης.

Προς το παρόν όσο γραφω για την προσωπικές εμπειρίες, δύο τρία κείμενα ακόμα, δύσκολοι όροι ωρολογοποιίας
δεν θα προκύψουν. Τα πρώτα όμως κείμενα θέλουν πράγματι μια καλή μετάφραση. Δυστυχώς δεν έχω το χρόνο
και για τα δύο. Οι εθελοντές ειναι συνεπώς ευπρόσδεκτοι με την ευγνωμοσύνη μου.
Μ Βαρδάνης
Michael Vardanis

A MONTH, OR SO, LATER

After several small parts had scattered all over the floor screws and springs had jolted and disappeared into oblivion, but recovered later undamaged, it was time to seek Mr. Theodore’s assistance.

As Christmas was approaching school holidays were coming up soon. From the very first day of the holidays I rushed to see Mr. Theodore.

Entering the shop was a thrill beyond description.

To be surrounded by myriads of clocks, watches, tools of all shapes and sizes, wooden cabinets with tiny drawers, was paradise on earth.

Mr. Theodore was sitting behind his bench working away but raised his head to greet me in. “Oh so you’ve finally decided to come and see me eh.” “Yes Mr. Theodore. Dad said you offered to help me put his watch together.” “That I did” was
his frank reply. “Now come and sit beside me while I finish this job” he exclaimed, pulling up a second stool from under the bench for me to sit on but not too close so that he could be disturbed.

“Now watch me carefully and may be you’ll learn something” were his closing remarks as he reverted to the job at hand to remain silent for the next thirty minutes or so.

It was impossible comprehending the world I had just moved into. Spellbound by all the objects, especially the pendulum clocks hanging on the wall at different heights, some longer then others, added to the mystery and began to have a distracting effect on my attentiveness.

This was no good. I had to concentrate on what Mr. Theodore was doing. He was holding, what appeared to be, a small metal tube with serrated body; a flat circular top where his forefinger was pressing down firmly to keep the object upright whilst the thumb and third finger were twirling in unison around the tube’s periphery to get it twisting as though he was
trying to drill a small hole, with the pointed metal bit attached to the front.

Nothing more sinister than a small watchmaker’s screwdriver. The second item, even more fascinating than the first, was a black tubular object, with a glass-like bottom and open top that he constantly kept over his right eye with exceptional ease.

At no time did he need to remove it while I was there. If customers walked into the shop he would talk to them and even serve them with both eyes open but with this peculiar cover over his eye reminiscent of a pirate of the high seas.

Finally the last object, a pair of metal tweezers, completed my first encounter with the basic horological tools.

Μετάφραση έπεται λίγο αργότερα
Μ Βαρδάνης
Απάντηση